Smoked Green Tea Duck with Red Cabbage Salad
Chef's note: Green tea is used to create smoke in the wok, while rice cools it down - which helps to balance the smoke. The brown sugar is used to lend a caramelised aroma.
- With a piece of aluminium foil, fold and create a little holder or container. Place the foil on the bottom of the wok.
- Mix tea, brown sugar and rice and pour onto the aluminium foil.
- Place a griddle over the mixture and place duck breasts on it.
- Cover the entire wok with aluminium foil to ensure no leakage.
- Over very high heat, smoke the duck for 3 minutes. Lower the heat to medium and cook for 3 more minutes. Turn off the heat, leave the lid on and rest duck for another 3 minutes.
- Wash the cabbage and slice very thinly. Toss all the remaining ingredients together.
- Slice the smoked duck very thinly and place on top of the salad. Garnish with basil, mint and cucumber and serve.
Green tea powder/macha 50g
Brown sugar 50g
Duck breasts 3
Red cabbage 200g
Cashew nuts 50g